How to learn Linux commands online for free?
1. Learn the Command Line - This tutorial from Codecademy is totally free, and it offers a really good grounding in the fundamental Linux commands.
2. The Linux Command Line - This site from William Shotts is hands-down one of the best resources for learning the Linux command line. The book is thorough, and it teaches you how to use the different commands line by line.
3. LinuxCommand.org - This site offers a set of tutorials for people who are new to the Linux command line. They cover the basics of Linux commands, and they also teach you how to manage processes, users and configuration files.
4. Linux Tutorial - This comprehensive tutorial from Guru99 covers the basics of command line use in Linux, as well as more advanced topics like scripting and automation.
5. Learn Linux in Five Days - If you want to learn Linux commands quickly and efficiently, this tutorial from MakeUseOf is a great resource. In five days you'll learn the basic commands, how to log in, the directory structure, wildcards, permissions and more.
What is the most customizable user friendly Linux distro?
Ubuntu is widely considered to be the most user friendly and customizable Linux distro. It uses the GNOME desktop environment, which offers plenty of flexibility in how you can customize the look and feel of your system. Canonical also releases a long-term support version of Ubuntu every two years, which is hugely popular with users who need a stable and reliable operating system.
How do I connect to my Linux instance using putty?
1. Download and install Putty on your local computer.
2. Launch the Putty application on your computer.
3. Enter the public IP address of your Linux instance into the “Host Name” field located in the “Session” tab.
4. Verify that the “Connection type” is set to SSH.
5. In the “Category” window located on the left side of the Putty window, select “Connection > Data.”
6. Enter the username for the instance in the “Auto-login username” field.
7. Select the “Auth” category from the “Category” window and select “Browse” located in the “Authentication parameters” section.
8. Navigate to, and select, the .ppk file that you downloaded from your instance.
9. Select the “Session” category from the “Category” window and save the session to the default location, or a location of your choosing, by entering a name in the “Saved Sessions” field and then clicking the “Save” button.
10. Finally, click the “Open” button to connect to the instance.
How to clone a partition or hard drive in Linux?
1. Get the device names of the source and destination partitions. Run the ‘fdisk -l’ command to list all drives and partitions currently present in your system.
2. Create a Disk Image Backup of the source partition. Use the ‘dd’ command to create an image of the drive you are cloning.
3. If the destination is a new drive, partition it using ‘fdisk’ or ‘parted’.
4. Copy the image file to the destination partition. Use the ‘dd’ command with the source and destination specified appropriately.
5. Finally, sync the data from the source to the destination. Use the ‘sync’ command to make sure all the changes are written to the destination.
How do you install docker compose on ubuntu?
1. Install Docker Compose on Ubuntu
First, begin by updating the local package index to reflect the latest upstream changes:
sudo apt-get update
Next, download and install Docker Compose from its official repository:
sudo apt-get install docker-compose
Lastly, verify the installation using the command docker-compose --version.
Is Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux) permissive mode?
No, Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux) is not in permissive mode. SELinux is an operating system feature that enables access control security policies. SELinux can be configured in one of three modes: enforcing, permissive and disabled. In enforcing mode, all SELinux policy rules are enforced; in permissive mode, SELinux will log can allow access but will not enforce the policy rules; in disabled mode, the SELinux policy is not enforced.
How to install 'locate command' to find files in Linux?
1. First, make sure the locate command is available for your system. Most Linux systems, such as Ubuntu and CentOS, will have the locate command pre-installed. You can check to see if it is installed by opening up a terminal window and typing “locate”. If the locate command is installed, you will get a usage message.
2. If the locate command is not available, you will need to install it. To install it on Ubuntu, for example, you would need to run the following command: sudo apt-get install locate
3. After the locate command is installed, you can use it to find files in Linux. The syntax is “locate [search_term]”, where [search_term] is the word or phrase that you want to search for. For example, to search for a file named “example.txt” you would run “locate example.txt”.
What is the Linux VDA component?
The Linux VDA (Virtual Desktop Agent) is a component of the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (formerly Citrix XenApp and XeDesktop) solution that provides secure access, single sign-on and performance optimizations for Linux-based applications and desktops. It works in conjunction with the Citrix Broker and Receiver components to virtualize desktops and applications into a single, centrally managed platform. The Linux VDA enables access for Linux users regardless of their location or device.
How many Linux engineers have a master's degree?
The number of Linux engineers who have a master's degree is impossible to estimate since there is no exact number or figure available. The number of Linux engineers with a master's degree will vary depending on a variety of factors, such as the number of individuals who have a master's degree specializing in Linux and the type of Linux engineering a person has expertise in.