How to install and secure MariaDB on Ubuntu?
1. Update the apt package list:
$ sudo apt-get update
2. Install the MariaDB package:
$ sudo apt-get install mariadb-server
3. Secure the MariaDB installation:
$ sudo mysql_secure_installation
4. Start MariaDB:
$ sudo systemctl start mariadb
5. Enable MariaDB to start on boot:
$ sudo systemctl enable mariadb
6. Check the status of MariaDB:
$ sudo systemctl status mariadb
How can I determine why a Linux server is dropping packets?
There are a few steps you can take to diagnose why a Linux server is dropping packets:
1. Run a tcpdump to inspect the incoming and outgoing packets – this will help you to determine the source of the packets and any issues with the server's response.
2. Check the server's error logs – these will help you to identify any issues with the server's processes that could be causing packet drops.
3. Test the network connection – running network performance tests can help you identify any bottlenecks that could be causing the packet drops.
4. Check the server's routing tables – these will help you to identify if there is any incorrect routing that is causing packets to be dropped.
5. Check the hardware – if the hardware is failing, packets may be dropped. Inspect the server for any signs of hardware failure, such as disk errors or system crashes.
What is Red Hat Enterprise Linux with SQL Server?
Red Hat Enterprise Linux with SQL Server is a combination of operating system and database software that combines the enterprise-grade capabilities of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system with the highly advanced enterprise database server capability of SQL Server. This combination provides users with a powerful and reliable platform for running mission-critical applications with the added benefit of high availability and scalability.
What is hostnamectl command in Linux?
hostnamectl is a command-line utility used to manage the static hostname configuration of a Linux system. It can display the current hostname, the default system hostname, the transient hostname, or the static hostname, as well as set a new static hostname. It is part of the systemd system and service manager.
How do I get more applications on my Linux desktop?
1. Install additional applications or software packages through your package manager. Most Linux distributions have a central package manager where users can browse, search and install various applications.
2. Install applications from the source. If you know where to get the source code and other requirements, this can often be a faster and more convenient way of installing applications.
3. Visit online GNOME, KDE and Xfce application directories. This is an easy and efficient way of finding applications for a specific desktop environment.
4. Visit trusted third-party websites to find and download applications. Always make sure that the application is from a reliable and trusted source.
5. Try Flatpak and Snap. Flatpak is a universal packaging system for Linux applications, while Snap is a more modern application packaging system.
What is Linux Mint 20.3?
Linux Mint 20.3 is the latest version of the popular Linux Mint distribution. It is based on the Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Long Term Support) release and includes a wide variety of improvements, new features and application updates. These include increased performance, improved user interface and integrated tools for system configuration, monitoring and security. It promises to be a reliable and enjoyable user experience for everyone.
How to install Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows 10?
1. Open the Start menu and type regedit in the search box. Hit Enter.
2. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
3. Right-click on the registry key and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
4. Type “EnableTheming” and press Enter.
5. Set the value to ‘0‘ by double-clicking the new registry key.
6. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Policies > Microsoft > Windows.
7. Create a new key named “WindowsSubsystemForLinux” and then inside that key create a DWORD (32-bit) value named “Enabled” and set its value to ‘1‘.
8. Open the Windows Store app and search for Windows Subsystem for Linux and install the Windows Subsystem for Linux feature.
9. Reboot your computer.
10. After the reboot, execute the command “bash.exe” from the Command Prompt and you should be good to go!
Is Linux more efficient than Windows?
It depends on the task. For some tasks, Linux may be more efficient than Windows, while for others, Windows may be more efficient. Generally, Linux has the edge in terms of resource efficiency and performance, but it depends on the specific task and the configuration of the respective software.
Will Linux ever become as popular as Windows?
The probability of Linux ever becoming as popular as Windows is debatable, but it is possible. Linux is slowly growing in popularity, especially in areas like server infrastructure, and its many distributions have far simpler user interfaces than previous iterations of the operating system. Additionally, increased hardware compatibility, wider availability of software, and more user-friendly desktop environments are making Linux much easier to use in comparison to Windows. In short, the possibility of Linux becoming as popular as Windows is there, but it is still too early to tell.
Why do people like Linux?
People like Linux because of its open source nature, the freedom to customize it to their own needs and preferences, its stability, its reliability, its low cost and wide selection of applications and packages, its security, and its huge community of developers and users with whom to share ideas.