How to separate first and last names in Microsoft Excel?
1. Use the Text to Columns function:
Select the column that contains the data, then go to the Data tab and click Text to Columns. You will need to choose the Delimited option, then highlight the Space check box to indicate that the names are separated by a space.
2. Use the Find and Replace tool:
You can use Find and Replace to replace the space between first and last names with a comma. Select the column that contains the names, then go to the Home tab and click Find & Select. Select Replace and type a space in the Find what box, then a comma in the Replace with box.
3. Use the LEFT and RIGHT functions:
The LEFT and RIGHT functions can be used to extract the first and last names from a cell. In the cell next to the original cell, enter: =LEFT(Original cell, number of characters of the first name), which will return the characters on the left of the space, which will be the first name. Then, enter: =RIGHT(Original cell, number of characters of the last name), which will return the characters on the right of the space, which will be the last name.
How to import Excel sheet data to existing SharePoint list?
1. Open the Excel sheet and select the range of data that you want to import.
2. Go to the ribbon and click the Export icon.
3. Select the “Export to a SharePoint List” option.
4. In the dialog box, enter the URL of your SharePoint site and select the existing list from the drop-down list.
5. Select the mapping of the columns from Excel to the columns in the SharePoint list.
6. Click the “Import” button to finish the import process.
How to select multiple rows in Excel?
To select multiple rows in Excel, you can select the first row, press and hold the "Ctrl" key and then click on each of the other rows you wish to select. Alternatively, you can click the first row you want to select, press and hold the "Shift" key and then click the last row you wish to select. This will select all of the rows between the two selected rows.
How to subtract business days in Excel?
1. Select the cell with the starting date.
2. Type in the formula =A1-x, where A1 is the cell with the starting date and x is the number of business days you want to subtract.
3. Press Enter. The result will appear in the same cell you selected.
How to caculate a rolling average in Excel?
1. Select the range of cells containing the values you want to calculate a rolling average for.
2. Type =AVERAGE( in the cell you want to display the rolling average in.
3. Select the first cell in the range and type it followed by a colon (:).
4. Select the last cell in the range and type a closing parenthesis )
5. Press Enter to calculate the rolling average. To update the rolling average with new data, simply add the data to the end of the original range of cells, and the rolling average will automatically recalculate.
How to convert angle between degrees and radians in Excel?
In Excel, the equation to convert between angles in degrees and angles in radians is:
Radians = (PI() / 180) * Degrees
Degrees = (180/PI()) * Radians
To use this equation in a cell, start by entering “PI()” in a cell, which will return the constant value of pi (3.14159). Then, construct the equation using the functions “*” (multiplication) and “/” (division). For example, to convert from degrees to radians, you would enter the formula “=(180/PI())*A1”, where A1 is the cell containing the angle in degrees. To convert from radians to degrees, enter the formula “=(PI()/180) * A1”, where A1 is the cell containing the angle in radians.
How to sum if a cell contains criteria in Excel?
To sum cells that contain criteria in Excel, you can use the SUMIF or SUMIFS functions.
The SUMIF function adds all of the numbers in a range of cells, based on a single criterion. For example, the formula =SUMIF(A2:A7,"apples",B2:B7) would sum numbers in the range B2:B7 if the corresponding cells in A2:A7 each said “apples.”
The SUMIFS function adds all of the numbers in a range of cells, based on multiple criteria. For example, the formula =SUMIFS(B2:B7,A2:A7,"apples",C2:C7,"oranges") would sum numbers in the range B2:B7 if the corresponding cells in A2:A7 each said “apples” and the corresponding cells in C2:C7 each said “oranges.”
How do I specify data refresh options in Excel?
To specify data refresh options in Excel, open the Data tab in the ribbon. Then select the Connections button, which opens the Workbook Connections dialog box. Select one of the data connections and open the Properties window, which should display the Refresh Control tab. Select the check box for 'Enable background refresh' and select the time interval for refreshing the data. You can also specify whether to prompt for credentials, to refresh in background and refresh on open.
How do you count total cells in Excel?
To count the total number of cells in an Excel worksheet, click onto the cell in the corner of the worksheet (the triangle formed by the intersection of column A and row 1) to select the entire worksheet. Click the “Home” tab, then go to the “Editing” group and select “Find & Select” and choose “Go To.” A dialog box will appear with a “Special” button. Click the “Special” button and a new dialog box will open with several cell selection options. Select the “All” option and click the “OK” button. At the bottom of the window, Excel will display the number of cells that are selected, along with the total number of cells in the worksheet.
Where is format painter in Excel?
Format Painter is located in the Home tab of the ribbon in Excel. It is the icon with a paint brush in the Clipboard section.