How to create progress bars in Excel?
1. Switch to the “Insert” tab.
2. Select a shape from the “Shapes” drop-down menu in the “Illustrations” group.
3. Draw the shape by holding the left mouse button and dragging the shape to the desired size.
4. Right-click on the progress bar and select “Format Shape”.
5. Click the “Colors and Lines” tab and choose the “Fill” option.
6. Select a color from the “Solid Fill” options, then press “OK”.
7. Go to the “Formulas” tab and locate the “Name Manager” group.
8. Click the “Insert” button, which looks like a “+” sign.
9. Enter a name for the progress bar (e.g. “Progress”).
10. Click the “Value” box and select a range from your data set.
11. Select “Percentage” from the list of options.
12. Click “OK” and your progress bar should now update based on the values entered into the named range.
How to show sheet lists in Excel?
1. In the Sheet tab bar at the bottom of your screen, click the small arrow to the right of your last sheet.
2. Excel will then display a list of all the sheets in the active workbook.
3. Select the sheet you want to jump to.
How to make the columns the same size in Excel?
1. Select the columns you want to make the same size.
2. Right-click on one of the selected columns and select "Column Width".
3. Enter the desired width in the "Column width" box.
4. Click "ok" to apply the change.
5. Your columns will now be the same size.
How do you copy a formula to multiple cells in Excel?
1. Select the cell with the formula that needs to be copied.
2. Move the cursor to the bottom right corner of the cell until it changes into a plus sign, then drag it to the cells you want to copy to.
3. Make sure the cells selected are where you want the formula to be applied and release the click. The formula will be automatically copied.
How to calculate inventory turnover in Excel or Google Sheets?
In Excel or Google Sheets, calculate inventory turnover using the following equation:
Inventory Turnover = Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) / Average Inventory
To do so, first sum your COGS (or sales revenue) over the period of interest and divide it by the average of your beginning and ending inventory levels over the same time period.
To get the average inventory level, take the inventory at the start of the period, plus the inventory at the end of the period, and divide by two.
This will give you the average inventory for the period and the inventory turnover ratio.
How to use VBA editor in Excel?
1. Open Microsoft Excel.
2. Select the "Developer" tab.
3. Within the Code group, choose Visual Basic. This will open the Visual Basic Editor.
4. Within the Visual Basic Editor, you can create and manage VBA projects, and begin programming macros. To create a macro, type “Sub” followed by the name of your macro, then type “End Sub.”
5. To execute the macro, go back to Excel, click the Developer tab, and select “Macros” from the Code group, then choose the name of the macro from the list.
6. Your macro will now run. Any changes you make to the VBA code, you must save within the Visual Basic Editor before the macro will update in Excel.
How to use gallery view in Excel?
1. Launch Excel and click the tab for the worksheet that you want to add a gallery view to.
2. Select the range of cells from which you want to create a gallery view.
3. Go to the “Insert” tab and select “Table Gallery” from the Tables drop-down menu.
4. From the Table Gallery window, select the type of table you would like to add to your worksheet.
5. Click the “Create Table” button and your selected table will be added to your worksheet.
6. To add a gallery view of your table, go to the “Table Design” tab and select “Gallery View” from the Table Styles group.
7. Select a style from the “Style Gallery” list and it will immediately be applied to your table.
How to multiply in an Excel spreadsheet?
1. Enter your data into the worksheet.
2. Select the cell containing the first number you wish to multiply.
3. Type an asterisk (*) after the first number.
4. Select the cell containing the second number you wish to multiply.
5. Press Enter.
Your answer should appear in the active cell.
How do you use the FIND function in Excel?
The FIND function in Excel is used to locate a character or a string of characters within a larger string. It returns the position of the specified character or string of characters from the beginning of the string.
find_text – The character or the string of characters for which you want to search within the specified string.
within_text – The string from where you want to search.
starting_position – The position from where the search should begin within the string (optional).
=FIND("word","word in the sentence")
This will return 1 as the position of the word "word" in the sentence "word in the sentence" starts from the first character.
=FIND("n","word in the sentence",2)
This will return 8 as the position of the "n" in the sentence "word in the sentence" starts from the second character.
What is check box 1 in Excel?
Check box 1 in Excel is a form control that allows users to select a single option from a list of options. It is typically used to perform tasks such as marking off completed tasks, selecting options within a group, or making a choice between two or more options. Check boxes are represented as square boxes that can contain a check mark or be blank.