How to add web server role (IIs) in Windows 10?
1. Open Control Panel and then click on 'Programs' and then click on ‘Turn Windows features on or off’.
2. Scroll down to Internet Information Services and check the box next to it.
3. Next, click on 'Details' and then choose which components of IIS you would like to install (e.g. Web Management Tools, World Wide Web Services, Application Development Features).
4. Once you have finished making your selections, click 'OK' and then wait for the installation to complete.
5. Optionally, you can choose to configure IIS settings in the IIS manager once installation is complete.
6. Finally, restart your computer and the web server will be ready to use.
How to create a batch file in Windows 10?
1. Click the Windows icon on the bottom left side of the screen, and type "notepad" into the search bar.
2. Click on the Notepad application to open it.
3. Once Notepad is open, type in the commands or instructions that you want to include in the batch file.
4. Once your commands or instructions have been typed into Notepad, click "File" in the top left corner.
5. Under the File menu, click on "Save As".
6. In the Save dialog box, in the "File name:" field, type in the name that you want to give to the batch file and then add a ".bat" extension.
7. Select the folder on your computer where you would like to save your batch file.
8. Ensure that the "Save as type:" field is set to "All Files".
9. Click on the "Save" button.
Your batch file has now been created and should appear in the selected folder.
How to enable, disable, and customize AutoPlay in Windows 10?
1. Open the Settings app and navigate to Devices > AutoPlay.
2. Turn on or off the toggle switch to enable or disable AutoPlay.
3. Select the dropdown menu next to a file type (e.g. Photos, Music, Videos) and choose what you’d like your PC to do when you plug in a device or connect to a network.
4. Select 'Take no action' to disable AutoPlay for any specific file type.
5. Press the 'Save' button to save your changes.
How do I configure VLAN tagging in Windows 10?
VLAN tagging in Windows 10 is typically configured through the device’s network adapter settings. To do this, open the Settings app, go to "Network & Internet" > “Ethernet” > select your network adapter > "Properties" > “Configure” > “Advanced," and then look for the settings labeled “VLAN ID” or “VLAN Tag." Enter the desired VLAN ID, then save your changes to apply the settings.There is no limit to the number of untagged VLANs that you can set up, as long as your networking equipment can support them.There is not a way to set a VLAN ID in Windows 10. VLANs are designed to be set up on routers and on networks, so the settings will vary from system to system. If you need to change the VLAN ID on your system, contact your network administrator or IT department for instructions.1. Log into your router's web interface.
2. Go to the LAN settings.
3. Click on "VLANs" and enable it.
4. Add VLANs with the needed settings such as VLAN ID, network, DHCP server, etc.
5. Click "Apply" to save the changes.
6. You may need to enable tagging for ports connected to a switch or other devices, if needed.
7. Finally, reboot the router to make sure the changes are effective.
What are the best built-in apps for Windows 10?
1. Microsoft Edge: Microsoft Edge is built into Windows 10 and is the modern browser that replaced Internet Explorer as the default browser in Windows 10.
2. Mail and Calendar: This app lets you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule, and stay in touch with people.
3. Microsoft Store: The Microsoft Store app has thousands of apps, games, music, movies, and more that you can download and install.
4. Photos: Photos is a powerful photo editor and organizer for your photos and videos.
5. Groove Music: Groove Music is an easy way to manage your music library, create playlists, and listen to your favorite tunes.
6. Movies & TV: Movies & TV brings the latest movies and TV shows to your device, so you can watch them on the go.
7. Skype: Skype is an easy way to make video calls, voice calls, and send instant messages.
8. Cortana: Cortana helps you find the best apps for you and stay on top of your schedule and tasks.
9. Maps: The Maps app helps you get around town with turn-by-turn navigation, real-time traffic updates, and nearby attractions.
10. OneNote: OneNote is Microsoft’s digital notebook that you can use to take notes and save them in the cloud.
How do you show hidden icons in Windows 10?
1. Right-click an empty area on the taskbar and select Taskbar Settings.
2. Scroll down to the Notification area section.
3. Click the Select which icons appear on the taskbar link.
4. Toggle the On or Off options for the apps you want to show or hide system tray icons for.
5. Click the back arrow at the top of the Taskbar Settings window, and then select Exit to save your changes.
How to change default keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10?
1. Open Settings.
2. Click on Ease of Access.
3. Click Keyboard in the left pane.
4. In the right pane, toggle the option to "On" under "Use the On-Screen Keyboard".
5. Click "Options" located at the bottom of the On-Screen Keyboard interface.
6. From here, you can customize the default keyboard shortcuts for various functions. Simply click the shortcut you'd like to change and type the new key combination.
How to connect Xbox 360 to Your Windows 10 laptop?
1. Connect one end of an HDMI cable to your Xbox 360 and the other end to an available HDMI port on your Windows 10 laptop.
2. Power on your Xbox 360 console and press the Xbox button on the center of your controller.
3. On your Windows 10 laptop, open the Control Panel and select Power Options.
4. Select Change when the computer sleeps and set it to Never.
5. Select Change advanced power settings and set both Wireless Adapter Settings and USB Settings to Always On.
6. Choose the Connect to a wireless display option on the Xbox 360 dashboard and select your laptop’s name.
7. Your Xbox 360 should now be connected to your Windows 10 laptop.
How to change the owner of a file in Windows 10?
1. Right-click the file, then select Properties.
2. On the Security tab, click Edit.
3. Select the user you want to set as the owner of the file/folder, then click OK.
4. Click the Advanced button, then click Change Permissions.
5. Select the user you want to set as the owner of the file/folder, then click OK.
6. Click the Advanced button, then check the box next to Replace Owner On Subcontainers And Objects.
7. Click OK, then click Apply to confirm the changes.
How to run Windows XP on a business computer?
Running Windows XP on a business computer can be done using a virtual machine (VM) software, such as VMware Workstation or Oracle VirtualBox. The software will allow you to install Windows XP inside of your existing operating system, such as Windows 10. To get started, you will need to buy a valid Windows XP license and obtain an installation media, such as a CD or DVD ISO file. After that, you will need to install the VM software and configure it to create a virtual machine. You can then install Windows XP inside that VM as you normally would.